Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Foodie Wednesday, Restaurant Review, Marsielles

(Outside view of Marseille Restaurant)

On Sunday, my friend Katie and I decided to start a great tradition. Once a year we are going to meet wait in line at TKTS, grab brunch and see a show. This is going to be our "special" thing. We finally got our schedules together and last Sunday was the day! I'll be blogging about the play we saw in my Entertainment Thursday post. I didn't really know of any good brunch places over in the Theater district as it's not a place that I eat with any sort of frequency. I figured we could just walk 9th Avenue and see what we found.

(Interior Shot of Marseille)

What did we find? A gem of a restuarant with great prices, delicious food, fantastic service and a great atmosphere. Don't you just love it when things work out like that? We were walking and saw Marseille across the street and thought it looked perfect. After checking out the menu (to make sure the prices were reasonable) we decided to give it a go.

We couldn't decide on what to get so we decided to split two dishes. We got the asparagus and goat cheese omelet which came with delicious pesto pan friend potatoes and a side salad. There wasn't a bad thing about this meal, every component was delicious. The other dish we got was the Belgian Waffles. They were dusted with a cinnamon sugar and we were provided with syrup, strawberries and whipped cream for toppings. These waffles were easily the best Belgian Waffles I've had. They were so yummy. I'm glad we split our meal though because both dishes were so outstanding!

We also each enjoyed a Cava & OJ mimosa - YUM! Katie also had a pot of tea and I enjoyed a hot chocolate. Our server didn't once rush us out of there and we were there for a good two hours. The best part with tip the bill came to about $26 per person or something like that! Not bad for NYC brunch.

I mentioned the place to my brother who lives in the area and he said they've been there for dinner and thought it was really good. I also mentioned it to my mother who said she's been there with friends before a show for dinner as well and that it was fabulous.

This is definitely a restaurant that I will be returning to without a doubt. What a great find!

Post in Comments:

Have you eaten at Marseille? If so, what's your favorite dish?

No comments: